ALCO Shield™ SMOOTH Ice and Water Protector is used as a shingle underlayment on critical areas such as eaves, valleys, ridges, dormers, and skylights. ALCO Shield™ SMOOTH protects roofing structures and the interior from water penetration caused by ice dams, wind-driven rain seepage from around fasteners.
ALCO Shield™ Smooth is a polymer modified asphalt underlayment membrane, polyester fabric surface that provides a tough skid resistant underlayment and UV protection.
The ALCO SHIELD™ SMOOTH underlayment product offers ease-of-handling and the highest standards of manufacturing.
- Self-adhering, but initially repositionable for easy installation
- High tack back adhesive provides for all-season installation
- Lightly textured surface provides the anti-skid feature to keep workers safe
- The exceptional manufacturing process and quality control for a consistent product
- Meets or exceed industry standards and residential/commercial Model Building Codes
- Protects structure from water seepage caused by wind-driven rain, ice dams, and surrounding shingle fasteners.
- Self-Sealing: Seals around nails, staples, and screws
- Self-Adhering: Bonds directly to the roof deck sheathing
- May be used under asphalt shingles, metal roofing, slate shingles, or tile roofing
Made in Detroit – USA
ALCO PRODUCTS LLC
580 St. Jean Detroit, MI 48214-3476
Toll Free: 800-323-0029
ALCO Products manufactures a variety of high-quality roof protection products for residential and commercial use, including a complete line of ALCO Shield™ underlayments.